blaze media

Owner of day care in Nick Shirley’s exposé now charged with FRAUD costing millions

The owner of a day care targeted in a viral Nick Shirley exposé has been charged six months later with millions of dollars of fraud related to allegedly false reimbursements from the government.

Fahima Egeh Mahamud, the CEO of the Future Leaders Early Learning day care in Minneapolis, allegedly claimed to have provided thousands of meals at her center and defrauded the government.

The day care closed in January, according to state records reviewed by KMSP-TV after the exposé went viral in December.

Mahamud had signed up her day care for a federal child nutrition program through Feeding Our Future, which has since been identified as a source of massive fraud. She also claimed to have provided day care for low-income families through the Child Care Assistance Program.

Prosecutors said she received $4.6 million from the child care program and another $850,000 from the nutrition program. She allegedly submitted over 13,000 fraudulent claims to CCAP from October 2022 until December 2025.

The day care closed in January, according to state records reviewed by KMSP-TV after the exposé went viral in December.

Mahamud was previously charged for the nutrition fraud but was charged on Wednesday for the day care fraud.

The day care was also inspected in November and found not to be “operating within the terms of its license.” It was cited for cleanliness and disrepair issues.

She is being charged with wire fraud and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

RELATED: Top scammer of ‘Feeding Our Future’ fraud in Minnesota NAILED with painful sentence

On Thursday, the top schemer in the Feeding Our Future scam was also sentenced to nearly 42 years in prison for orchestrating the massive fraud scheme.

“This was a vortex of fraud, and you were at the epicenter,” said U.S. District Judge Nancy Brasel to Aimee Bock after her sentencing.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

​Daycare fraud, Feeding our future, Wire fraud, Nick shirley, Politics 

blaze media

Vast image ‘reminiscent of the grim reaper’ appears over Los Angeles

Depending on when Los Angeles residents looked up, they may have seen frightening images in the sky.

Over a duration of about 10 minutes, locals were likely to be either completely in awe or horrified.

‘What if there was a glitch?’

The source of the image of a skeleton with bright, glowing red eyes is not a nefarious one, it turns out, unless viewers were particularly unfond of Amazon. The company broke a Guinness World Record this week in L.A. when it lit up the sky with a record-setting drone show promotion for its new “Masters of the Universe” movie.

Ahead of the June 5 theatrical release, images that could easily be mistaken for an apocalyptic event appeared in a gigantic display, and if residents glanced over the horizon at the right time, they would have seen a horrifying image of Skeletor looking down at them.

The display in its entirety is less frightening; the approximately 10-minute show included a title screen, Castle Grayskull, He-Man, and theme music surrounding the hooded skeleton character.

RELATED: ‘Everything on the internet is fake’: Social media marketers reveal that most online trends are fabricated

The film’s director, Travis Knight, was on-scene to collect the Guinness certificate for brightest aerial image formed by multirotors/drones, officially credit to Amazon MGM Studios, USA.

With a reported 1,600 drones, it was nowhere near Guinness’ record for the most multirotors/drones airborne simultaneously from a single computer. This feat belongs to Guangdong EHang Egret Media Technology Co. Ltd., which displayed 22,580 drones in a presentation in Hefei, Anhui, China, on February 3, 2026.

Readers were understandably disturbed by the idea of giant images taking up a portion of the Los Angeles skyline for a significant period of time, with some calling the display “risky” considering the damage the drones could cause if they were to fail.

“What if there was a glitch and they fall down everywhere,” one viewer asked, picturing “people driving getting a drone crashing on their windshield.”

Another X user asked whether the accompanying sounds would be played loud enough for residents to hear:

“It looks great, but damn I’d hate to live round there,” Mark wrote.

RELATED: Karen Bass roasted over plan for free dental care for homeless meth addicts

A lot of sarcastic viewers commented on the display, with some saying, “I’m sure this didn’t freak anyone out,” while others pointed out the irony of “a skeleton character, somewhat reminiscent of the grim reaper, [looking] out over Hollywood.”

The display is out of touch according to many, with an overwhelming sentiment among viewers being that even such a grandiose promotion will not save the movie industry. Comments demanding film studios “make better movies” and concluding the studios have “no idea that they’re in active failure” were not hard to come by.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

​Amazon, California, Drones, Guinness world record, Los angeles, Tech 

blaze media

‘The march of Islam’: Chip Roy tells Steve Deace America will surpass France and England in the Islamization of the West

The debate over Sharia law, immigration, assimilation, and whether America is starting to look like parts of Europe continues to be deeply divisive.

To gauge the severity of the issue, BlazeTV host Steve Deace spoke with Texas Representative and attorney general candidate Chip Roy (R), a co-founder of the Sharia-Free America Caucus in the House of Representatives.

“How real is this, Chip?” Deace asks bluntly.

“It’s very real. Our Democrat colleagues like to dismiss it as they did yesterday in the hearing that I held on this very topic,” Roy says, referring to the May 13 House Judiciary Subcommittee hearing titled “Sharia-Free America: Why Political Islam & Sharia Law Are Incompatible with the U.S. Constitution.”

“I wanted to show that number one, we have had 5.5 million people imported into the United States from majority-Muslim countries since 9/11. That’s suicidal; it’s stupid. Number two, the Muslim Brotherhood is driving the agenda, and all of the organizations that are basically affiliates of the Muslim Brotherhood, even if they don’t want to admit it, they’re driving the agenda in a concerted and organized plan,” he explains, citing several examples of Islam’s growing influence in the state of Texas.

Deace puts the 5.5 million statistic into perspective: “That would be the 24th-largest state in the union if it was just in one location. That would be more people than live in the following places: Alabama, Louisiana, Kentucky, Oregon, Oklahoma, Connecticut, Utah, Nevada, Iowa, Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, New Mexico, Idaho, Nebraska, West Virginia, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Maine, Montana, Rhode Island, Delaware, South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, Vermont, and Wyoming.”

But when you consider that a huge portion of these immigrants have then started families in the U.S., it gets even more alarming.

“Let’s add in the children that they have created over those last 25 years at a higher rate than we are. I promise you that number is a much higher number. Maybe you double it,” Roy says.

“That’d be a top 10 state,” Deace says.

Roy says that he’s often questioned about his commitment to the First Amendment, but these critics misunderstand his advocacy.

“I’m not telling people what they can believe or not believe. Nothing about what I’m saying is that. What I’m saying is, you can’t advocate a political ideology, the stated objective of which for the vast majority of the people adherent to the religion is to undermine our civilization and destroy Western civilization,” he explains.

“It is Islam that is the inconsistent element here with our Western values, and we have to acknowledge it because you can’t win a war you don’t acknowledge exists — and one exists,” Roy continues.

Deace sums it up succinctly: “You have a right to believe what you want to believe; you don’t necessarily have a right to believe it here.”

While many, especially conservatives, are worried about illegal immigration, Deace and Roy point out that America has a “legal immigration problem” as well, specifically when it comes to Muslim migrants.

Roy points to England and France, where legal immigration from predominantly Muslim countries has significantly altered city demographics and culture.

“If we think that what’s happening in London and Paris is not happening right now on steroids, we’re crazy,” he says. “I think we will surpass how bad it is in the United Kingdom and France very quickly because people here will use the First Amendment … as a sword that they’re actually unable to do as easily in the U.K. or France.”

Roy warns that Muslim immigrants plan “to use our own property rights” and other freedoms “against us” to build “housing communities in and around their religious centers,” which is tied to their broader plan to conquer the West.

“By far, our number one threat to our country’s future … is the march of Islam into our communities,” he comments.

To hear the full interview, watch the episode above.

Want more from Steve Deace?

To enjoy more of Steve’s take on national politics, Christian worldview, and principled conservatism with a snarky twist, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

​Steve deace, Steve deace show, Chip roy, Sharia law, Islamification, Texas 

blaze media

Pride president outraged at California city officials for abruptly canceling festival — then officials fire back

Members of the LGBTQ+ community were outraged after one of the largest Pride festivals in Southern California was canceled just hours before it was scheduled to begin.

Long Beach city officials shut down the festival on Friday and accused the organizers of failing to provide them critical safety and operational documentation required for the event.

‘This decision comes at a moment when LGBTQ+ people are facing escalating attacks from the current federal administration and from political forces across the country.’

The city’s attorney sent a cease and desist order to the organizers right before the start time.

“The City notified the organizer that it had failed to timely submit the required application materials and supporting documentation necessary for permit review and issuance. As a result, no special event permit has been approved or issued for the events,” Dawn McIntosh said in the letter.

Long Beach Pride President Tonya Martin lashed out at the city in a statement Friday demanding that it “protect and uplift” the LGBTQ community, but she did not say whether the group had provided the proper documentation.

“Long Beach Pride is deeply disappointed by the City’s decision to cancel the Long Beach Pride Festival, a long-standing community institution built by volunteers, sustained by love, and rooted in the belief that every person deserves to live openly, safely, and with dignity,” the lesbian wrote.

“This decision comes at a moment when LGBTQ+ people are facing escalating attacks from the current federal administration and from political forces across the country,” she added.

On Saturday, the city responded with a rebuttal described as “aggressive” by the Advocate, an LGBTQ+ news outlet.

According to the city, organizers still had not submitted approved structural plans for the stages and trusses, approved electrical plans, detailed security plans, or sufficiently detailed site plans that identify critical infrastructure locations.

The city said most festivals of that size completed the documents 65 days in advance and that they had worked with the organizers all the way until the day of the event to try to get it to work out.

RELATED: LGBTQ activists are FURIOUS that California county shut down Pride Month display at public library — over a bookmark

The city also pointed out that it had to step in three years ago to keep the event going but had intended to do so as a one-time commitment. It has since continued funding and managing the parade.

Despite the cancellation of the festival, the Pride parade went on as scheduled.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

​Long beach, Pride festival, Pride parade, Politics, Lgbtq 

blaze media

Florida art teacher fired after video shows her hanging black baby doll in her classroom

Students are claiming emotional trauma from their middle school teacher apparently hanging a black baby doll by an electrical cord from the television in her Florida classroom.

The bizarre incident was caught on video and was widely circulated before the art teacher was fired from the job at Barrington Middle School in Lithia.

‘They should not have to sit in the classroom and worry if they’re going to see images that can terrorize them for life.’

Nina Williams, the parent of the student who recorded the teacher, wants her to face serious consequences.

“I want her teaching certificate gone,” Williams said. “I don’t want her to be able to practice in another state. I don’t want her to be able to do what she did to my child and the other many children in that classroom to any other children.”

Williams posted the video on Tuesday to social media, where it quickly went viral.

“She needs to be charged for it and license removed. Not be around kids at all,” said Aracelis Perez, the parent of another student who recorded the teacher throwing the doll away after the hanging.

After much outrage, the district said the teacher had been terminated immediately on Wednesday.

“Our school counselors and administrators will continue to be available to meet with any students at Barrington Middle School who have concerns or need additional support,” reads the statement from the district.

Among those outraged was Hillsborough NAACP President Yvette Lewis.

“They should not have to sit in the classroom and worry if they’re going to see images that can terrorize them for life,” Lewis said. “If you don’t know your history, you’re bound to repeat it, and it was clear that this teacher did not know the history. Because if you knew your history and you knew what that meant and how it will invoke fear or intimidation to African-Americans, you would have never done it.”

Lewis went on to claim that the incident might not have happened if Florida state officials had not removed certain African-American history books from schools.

The teacher, whose name is Karen Savage, did not return requests for comment from WTLV-TV.

RELATED: NY middle school teacher fired over ‘racist’ joke allegedly made to two students about slavery

The district said the Florida Department of Education’s Office of Professional Practice Services is investigating whether her teaching certificate should be revoked.

WTSP-TV asked the FBI if it was investigating the case, but the agency refused to confirm or disconfirm any investigation.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

​Racism accusation, Florida school, Teacher racism, Politics, Middle school